Philip Currie, president of J.H. Berry & Gilbert, Inc., is recognized throughout the Southeast as a leading office market broker who leverages extensive knowledge of the commercial real estate industry for his clients. Philip specializes in the areas of office tenant representation, office leasing and office building acquisition and disposition. He has brokered transactions of all sizes and complexities and has a deep understanding of the various interests of buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants.
Career Experience & Accomplishments
Philip joined J.H. Berry in 2003 and has since been recognized as one of Birmingham’s Top 40 Under 40 by the Birmingham Business Journal and received his Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) and Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designations. He is recognized by SIOR as an Office Specialist, which represents today’s most knowledgeable, experienced and successful commercial real estate brokers in each market. He has also received the CoStar Power Broker award and was recognized as the 2015 and 2016 Top Producer in Sales and Leasing by the Birmingham Commercial Realtors Council. In 2018, he was named to the Real Estate Forum’s Top 50 under 40 for his accomplishments in the business.
- Colonnade North and South, Lease – 670,000 square feet
- Cahaba Center at Grandview, Lease – 57,000 square feet
- Capitol Commerce Center, Montgomery, Ala., Lease – 60,000 square feet
- Colonnade 3700, Lease – 33,000 square feet
- Grandview II, Lease – 40,000 square feet
- Magnolia Office Park, Lease – 32,000 square feet
- Magnolia Office Park Portfolio, Purchase – 170,000 square feet
- 2000 International Park, Purchase – 130,000 square feet
- Wells Fargo Tower, Lease– 60,000 square feet
Philip obtained his MBA with an emphasis in real estate from the University of Alabama and his Bachelor of Science in finance from Auburn University.
Philip is a member of the Birmingham Kiwanis Club, Monday Morning Quarterback Club, Venture Club, McWane New Element Member and the Church of the Advent. He enjoys golfing and hunting and has two children, William and Bay, with his wife Katie.